Scope and Background
While the attack systems have become more easy-to-use, sophisticated, and powerful, interest has greatly increased in the field of building more effective, intelligent, adaptive, active and high performance defense systems which are distributed and networked. The conference will cover research on all theoretical and practical aspects related to network and system security, such as authentication, access control, availability, integrity, privacy, confidentiality, dependability and sustainability of computer networks and systems. The aim of this conference is to provide a leading edge forum to foster interaction between researchers and developers with the network and system security communities, and to give attendees an opportunity to interact with experts in academia, industry, and governments.
NSS 2012 is the next event in a series of highly successful events of Network and System Security. Previous editions were held in: Milan, Italy (2011); Melbourne, Australia (2010); Gold Coast, Australia (2009); Shanghai, China (2008); and Dalian, China (2007).
NSS 2012 will be hosted by Fujian Normal University, China and held November 21-23, 2012 in Wu Yi Shan, Fujian, China – a World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
Conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. Accepted papers, after substantial extension, will be recommended for special issues in international journals:
1. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley. (SCI, Impact Factor: 0.907)
2. Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier. (SCI, Impact Factor: 2.365)
3. Telecommunication Systems, Springer. (SCI, Impact Factor: 0.67)
4. Journal of Internet Technology. (SCI, Impact Factor: 0.448)
5. Journal of Computer and System Sciences, Elsevier. (SCI, Impact Factor: 1.631)